There is no denying it the holidays have arrived.
The lights have been hung, the gifts are being wrapped and the abundance of holiday treats are everywhere. It’s no secret that most people will gain 5 to 10 pounds over the holidays. With all the parties, special meals, edible gifts, and alcohol, weight gain is pretty much inevitable…right? Well not so fast.
I’ve come up with a survival strategy to keep holiday pounds from making a permanent home on your hips. This strategy is very simple. I’m not expecting you to have to log all your calories or eat every meal at home. Let’s be realistic…your golden tip for avoiding the holiday pounds is, well frankly eat like a caveman or cavewoman with 2 small daily exceptions!
Holiday weight gain comes from way to many carbohydrates and simple sugars!The best way to manage this is to simply stay with a plan and this is what it looks like.
Eat fresh and fiber-filled vegetables.
- Load up on salads.
- Enjoy vegetable side dishes.
- Just no starchy vegetables like potatoes or corn.
Lean, protein meats and eggs.
- Stick with meat that has been roasted, barbequed, or baked.
- Avoid fried meats and eggs.
- Or choose vegetarian options
Fruits, nuts and seeds in moderation
- Fresh fruit for a delicious dessert.
- A handful of nuts or seeds for a snack.
- Don’t eat sugar-added fruits, nuts or seeds.
You can then enjoy 2 small exceptions…
- Bread or grain product: No larger than the size of your hand.
- Starchy vegetables: Half of a cup.
- Baked goods: Should fit into the palm of your hand.
- Candies or chocolates: The smaller the better.
- Holiday drinks: 8 ounces.
This plan works well because it allows you to indulge in moderation. This encourages you to pick and choose the holiday treat food that you really love, as opposed to feeling obligated to eat everything in sight.
Remember, I’m here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness program that will turn your holiday weight gain into a holiday slim down!