Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a great alternative for those choosing gluten free and low carb meal plans
1 head cauliflower, chopped
2 large eggs
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.To make the cauliflower crust, add cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground, about 2-3 cups.
2. Transfer to frying pan 4-5 minutes, or until softened; let cool. If necessary use a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.
3. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Spread cauliflower mixture into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick spray or use parchment paper bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.Top with pizza sauce, cheeses, chicken and olives or choose your favorites.
5. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately, sprinkled with basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Looking for more recipes then check out our Rosemary Lemon Chicken