(Makes 4-6 servings)
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 2 medium yellow or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- ½ cup (225 g) grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (95 g) coconut sugar
- ¾ cup (175 ml) red wine
- Pink Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper
Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion until translucent.
While that’s cooking, prepare the sauce. Mix the mustard, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce until it forms a paste. Add the wine and stir vigorously, and then season with salt & pepper.
When the onion is clear, add the mushrooms and peppers and saute for another 5-10 minutes. When the mushrooms begin to reduce in size, add the sauce.
Turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Keep an eye on it and stir frequently! Enjoy!!
Enjoy and check out some more great recipes on the blog here