Almond & Cacao Protein Balls
I’ve been wanting to make a healthier version of my favourite treat, chocolate almond butter cacao protein balls! I wanted something more protein-packed and healthy. I decided to experiment with these Almond Cacao Protein Balls. These are so easy and quick to make. One of the best things about this recipe is that you can customize it for your needs by adding any type of nut or dried fruit you want! You can even use gluten-free oats if you need them too! There are a variety of brands out there to choose from. What you like best and if you are looking for some extra protein throughout the day that is healthy and packed with nutrition then checkout the ones I use below. These are easy to make and store in the fridge.
Almond & Cacao Protein Balls (Makes about 20)
- 24 fresh pitted dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder, plus extra for rolling
- 1 scoop vanilla Isa Pro Dairy Free or Isa Pro Whey Protein
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- unsweetened coconut (optional)
1. In a food processor place all the ingredients dates, almonds, cacao, and protein powder and coconut oil.
2. Put it all together and blend for 2-3 minutes
3. Roll tablespoons of the dough into golf-size balls and roll in extra cacao to coat.
Looking for healthy solutions then check out our nutrition page Nutrition Solutions