Chakra Flow Yoga & Mindful Meditation
What Are Chakras
Chakras are energy centers within body that help to regulate all of its processes, from organ function to immune system and emotions. Seven chakras are positioned throughout the body, from the base of your spine your root to the crown of your head. Each chakra has its own vibrational frequency, color, musical note and governs specific functions that help make us well. Below is a list of each chakra, starting with the base of the spine and moving up.
- Root (1st)— Base of the spine; red; governs survival instincts, grounding.
- Sacral (2nd) — Lower abdomen; orange; governs sexuality, intuition, self-worth/-esteem.
- Solar Plexus (3rd) — Upper abdomen; yellow; governs impulse control, ego.
- Heart (4th) — Center of the chest; green; governs compassion, spirituality.
- Throat (5th) — Throat; blue; governs communication, emotion.
- Third Eye (6th) — Between the eyes; purple; governs rationality, wisdom, imagination.
- Crown (7th) — Top of the head; indigo; governs connection with the Divine
Chakra Flow Yoga
Chakra Flow Yoga moves the body from one posture (asana) to the next, linking both the breathing (pranayama). During the chakra flow yoga class, we practice specific yoga postures that are beneficial for each of the chakras in combination with positive affirmations, meditation, chanting, breathing exercises, and aromatherapy. It can be a very healing and enjoyable practice. This class will increase your energy, calm your mind, strengthen your body, balance your chakras ,leaving you feeling stronger, longer, open and ready to take on whatever lies ahead for you in your life! Mindfulness meditation is a type of meditation which involves paying attention to the present moment, deliberately and nonjudgmentally.
It is a popular meditation practice. It will often be incorporated into yoga practices and teachings.When practicing mindfulness meditation, the key is to simply become aware of and consciously notice what is happening in the body and mind, without trying to change it. It is about cultivating an attitude of unconditional presence in the moment and accepting whatever is happening.This class promotes whole body & mind awareness. Completely blissful.
Want more information? Call Sonia at 604-783-4790 or email me at email@example.com